Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Joy Is On the Horizon...

Literally. My joy is returning!



Unfortunately, it's because her sister Alysa was admitted to the hospital last night with blood clots in both lungs.



Alysa's doctor told her she was the youngest woman he's ever had this happen to (she's only 32) to which she responded, as only Alysa would, "Shut up. Shut up, shut up, shut up." Ha ha. Peter says now we have an excuse for her candidness (pain medication) but I don't think they'd actually given her any yet. Typical Alysa.

So Joy and her mom are flying in. When I think about Alysa and pulminary embolisms, I get sad and weepy, but when I think about Joy coming, I can't help but get glad.

Alysa said she can't wait to see Joy's face when she and Potter reunite!



So please pray for healing for Alysa and continued good spirits and for safety for Joy and her mom as they make the long flight from Israel tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! No wonder she couldn't breathe and had been feeling so bad! Is she still in the hospital?

texasinafrica said...

Oh, yikes! I wondered if she was feeling okay at lunch on Sunday, but didn't even think it could be something like that. Tell her we're all praying.

Joy said...

yeah!!!! i love hanging out with potter!