Pages

Monday, March 05, 2007

During the ice storm in January, my tree looked like this...

In February, my beautiful tree began to look like this...

It's petals opened up an aroma of sweetness that I'd never smelled before. And I love my tree.

This is me telling the tree I appreciate the good smelling blooms on it's branches (the ones that aren't dead, and half of them are dead, i would not lie to you - if you have a chainsaw and some free time, call me).
So I felt motivated by spring and started in on my yard. Week one I mowed the front and for the first time the back yard (when I first moved in the back was mostly dirt - actually, so was the front - but after all the winter rains, i have grass, or at least green stuff growing). Week two I dug up the rose bushes that spent last year growing up through the bushes that the former owner planted after having cut down the rose bushes apparently not realizing they were perenials. (there's a lot this man didn't realize but i will refrain from listing any further details). I planted them where the former ugly bushes/weeds were that I cut out. Week three (Friday) I began to feel for my sad cactii garden (no comment Emily and Amy) and so pulled out the plant that the "ice storm"

in January had killed. In it's place I planted beautiful catus plants that need no water :) and will, I'm sure, flourish in my cactus garden. Enjoy...




3 comments:

kristen said...

Ann - you're beautiful tree and cacti are so inspiring!

Michelle said...

Ann-i-poo, you do need to water them a little bit while their roots are getting a good hold. Hint.

Anonymous said...

Ann , I LOVE YOUR CACTI GARDEN HOW FUN ! CRAZY CARLA