Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2006

So I didn't get the house.

sigh*

I mean, I could of, but when a professional inspector looks at you apologetically and confesses, "I wouldn't buy it..." you know you're in trouble.

sigh*

I should have known. Apparently my dream house is not my dream house. It had siding that is sketchy and has been covered over with a "big band aid" and a foundation that is unstable and unaccessible (and thus illegal). So my "maybe house" is now my "no-way-in-hell" and "damn-i-just-lost-$415-but-its-better-than-losing-more-later-house."

sigh*

Not only that, but the real estate person lied to me and my real estate agent. They told us the gas was turned on. The inspector said there isn't even a gas meter.

oops.

So, that's the scoop. Don't worry though. I didn't cry. I'm not even sad. I just sort of shook my head and wrote the check. So I guess I'm off to househunt again. Hmm. If that was the nicest house I looked at, are they all going to come up this shoddy? How can a $110,000 house not pass inspection?

Because in Austin buying a house for 110 is like buying a house for $20,000 anywhere else in the world. Okay, maybe not in LA. What if house buying isn't for me? How can I afford anything more expensive? How can I afford anything sketchier? Maybe I should wait for that rich man that I'm going to marry before I buy.

Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.

3 comments:

lynnette said...

well that sucks. i'm sorry. maybe something else will turn up.

jenA said...

three letters, peach.
H-U-D.
ps. stay away from BuyOwner

Anonymous said...

I know if I wait around to find a man to find non-shoddy house at an affordable price, I'll be waiting a long time! Best of luck with the journey ... and possibly the man too! :)