Saturday, January 17, 2009
Letters From Kids To Mr. President
Oh my gosh. I can't wait to have kids. Did you guys see this article in the NY Times on the opinion page? Awesome. How amazing would it be to be Barack Obama and receive these notes? Here's my favorite letter...
Dear Sir Obama,
These are the first 10 things you should do as president:
1. Make everyone read books.
2. Don’t let teachers give kids hard homework.
3. Make a law where kids only get one page of homework per week.
4. Kids can go visit you whenever they want.
5. Make volunteer tutors get paid.
6. Let the tutors do all the thinking.
7. Make universities free.
8. Make students get extra credit for everything.
9. Give teachers raises.
10. If No. 4 is approved, let kids visit the Oval Office, but don’t make it boring.
— Mireya Perez, age 8, San Francisco