Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I'm in Nashville!!!

I have a beautiful friend named Lynnette who married a fabulous man who, as a gift to his wife, flew me out to visit her and bought us tickets to see Alanis Morisette live and in person.

Yes, I'm having a heart attack.

Nashville, Lynnette, and Alanis. Whoa. I'm a little overwhelmed.

I flew in yesterday afternoon and the three of us had dinner at the old Union Station at a restaurant called the Flying Saucer. Today I slept in, ate lunch with Lynnette at a sports bar with excellent tuna wraps, and am finally managing to do something productive like check email and write on my blog.

Probably around four I will begin taking deep breaths, apply make-up and do a few vocal warm-ups to be sure I'm ready to sing along tonight.

Oh my gosh, I've never been to a real concert before. Never seen anyone "big" live before. I mean I've seen some smaller performances and some Christian singers in the 90s, and of course the David Crowder Band, but I've never seen anyone like this. No Counting Crows concerts, U2, Sinead, Dave Matthews, no one like this. I can't wait. This is surreal. I'm finally doing something cool.

Way to go Ann. Your baby sister starting seeing the aforementioned bands in high school.

1 comment:

Reverend Irreverent said...

Alanis Morissette was my first non Jesus-is-my-boyfriend music concert. She rocks! I'm jealous but hope you had fun.