Pages

Monday, January 01, 2007

In honor of the new year and in reflecting on the past year, I resolve to (in the words of Bridget Jones) "stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workoholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional f*ckwits, or perverts."

Hmm. Not exactly how I would have written it, but a good motto to date by nonetheless.

So obviously I watched Bridget Jones' Diary today, but also Pride and Prejudice of which Bridget's books and movies are loosely based. Here's one of my favorite lines from P & P.

Elizabeth: Did I just agree to dance with Mr. Darcy?
Charlotte: I dare say you will find him amiable.
Elizabeth: It would be most inconvenient since I have sworn to loathe him for all eternity.

I love it. Expecially with the brittish accents. "Since I have sworn to loathe him for all eternity." Hilarious.

And yet so like us.

I like it indeed.

1 comment:

cat said...

this post really made me miss all the time we spent watching, quoting, and makinf large posters of affirmation based upon those three flicks...miss you too!!!