Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Just Because...

Sometimes I can't think straight. Or I have so much to think about, I can't focus. So I do Sodoku. I have no Sodoku here. (Am I even spelling that right?) Perhaps this will help me fall asleep...

8 Things I'm Passionate About:
1) Jesus
2) the Old Testament
3) social justice
4) the arts
5) equality of the sexes
6) mental health disorders
7) my job
8) my friends

8 Things I Want to do Before I Die:
1) write a book
2) travel to Africa (more central or southern africa)
3) get married and be in a healthy marriage (is that two?)
4) raise children (please note i didn't say Have children)
5) catch up on my scrapbooking
6) be in a professional play or musical
7) preach at a conference
8) go back to France

8 Things I Say Often:
1) Eh?
2) Pop
3) I'm just sayin'.
4) I cannot tell a lie.
5) Rad.
6) That's rude.
7) Pretty princess.
8) You know what I mean?

8 Books I've Read Recently:
1) Watermelon
2) The Trial of Judas Iscariot
3) Doubt
4) Eat, Pray, Live (in the middle of...)
5) Jesus Hopped the A Train
6) New Day Revolution
7) Exodus
8) The Trembling Cup (in the middle of...)

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over:
1) That I Would Be Good
2) Coming Toward
3) On My Own
4) Fire In Babylon
5) Samson
6) Delicate
7) Macy's Day Parade
8) No Need to Argue

8 Things that Attract me to my best friends:
1) laughter
2) honesty and the ability to tell the truth in each other
3) sense of self/ ability to reflect
4) similar interests (music, theatre, spirituality, etc)
5) similar faith
6) care for the world (resourcefulness)
7) intimate knowledge and acceptance
8) non-judgmental

3 comments:

David McCullars said...

Since the age of roughly 15, my parents always knew I was done playing the piano because I'd always end it with "No Need to Argue" -- I still love that song today.

texasinafrica said...

You forgot: "I'm not gonna lie to you..." :)

Trisha said...

Ann:
I stumbled on to your blog back in 2005 when your friend Kyle died - I was looking for an article. Since then, I have periodically checked it out and checked on you.
I appreciate your insight and your passion. I have two daughters - they would love you!
Trisha Ray
New Orleans, LA