Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

s . . . i i i i . . . c . . .k . . .y y y y . . . That's what I would tell my mom if I lived with her right now. I'd put on my best "i'm pitiful" face and tell her I'm sicky. I'd crawl into bed and have her make me hot tea as she would make me gargle salt water. I have a puss pocket on the back of my throat (too much information, I know), and my glands have swolen to the size of large green grapes in my neck. my body aches and all i want to do is sleep.

but i'm not sleeping. michelle gave me a bunch of healthy organic pills to take and some emercenC, and then she told me to gargle with saltwater.

so i'm well taken care of.

i love friends who will listen to you gripe and then lovingly give you what you need. i love falling asleep on their couches at 8pm and having them cover me with a blanket and letting me crash. i love friends who become mothers and mothers who become friends. no wonder they call it community.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Those "healthy organic pills" are called vitamins, Ann. V-i-t-a-m-i-n-s. Pretty much the standard run-of-the-mill-I-don't-have-to-shop-at-The Whole Paycheck (haha..ha..h..oh never mind)-to-buy-or-even-use kind of pills.

Michelle loves the hyphen key.
And Michelle loves you.