Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

All I Have to Say

Being a PTA mom does NOT qualify you to be Vice- President of the United States of America.

If I hear one more person say, "I like that she was on the PTA..." I will vomit.

Nothing against moms (I hope to be one someday) or women running for office (obviously - I voted for Hillary) or even the PTA (even though I'm pretty sure my mom was too busy working to be on the one at my school) but this is America, arguably the most powerful (gulp) nation in the world (regardless of whether or not we are using that power for the highest good).

I mean, I know we elected George Bush and that was a joke, but so is having PTA on your political resume...

Please make it stop.

If you're going to talk about her credentials, just. don't. mention. the. P.T.A.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

double true, ann. i saw a segment from "the view" (i know, i know, but it was on jezebel, and i read/watch everything on jezebel) and sherri shepard went off about how she's a mother and therefore qualified to run this country and "do you know how hard it is just to get chairs for the PTA meetings?!"

GAH WTFFFFFF

like you said, i admire mothers, and motherhood is amazing, but... being a mother doesn't mean you understand foreign policy. running america is NOT like running a household or raising children. ok? ok.

texasinafrica said...

Agree she's not qualified, but have you been to a PTA meeting? Some of those women are fierce, and the battles get nasty. It probably isn't really all that different from dealing with diplomats who act like petulant children.

Anonymous said...

After attending my very first PTA meeting this week as a mom to a KINDERGARTENER (hello?????) I really wouldn't use that as part of anything I would brag about.

Miss you Annie P!

E!