Pages

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Can't Sleep... So I Guess It's Time To Wake Up.

I"m so excited about the election, I can't sleep. It's 12:30am as I read the clock right now and although my body is tired, i have a nervous energy flowing through me. The contacts came out hours ago and i've cleaned everything the allows for quiet cleaning (so as not to wake up the roommate) in the whole house. I've brushed my teeth and flossed and hung up my halloween costume. I've posted pictures on facebook, stripped the bed, put new sheets on and started the dishwasher.

Now I'm in bed, finally, and blogging because there's so much anticipation, I can't sleep.

To think that we could be on the brink of gaining the respect of other nations again is exciting.
To think that we could be on the edge of making ethical decisions regarding war, poverty and the environment is overwhelming.
To think that we could be turning the page from the president most closely resembling a dictator and his dictator-in-disguise-vice-president to a government of checks and balances that our forefathers fathomed long ago is... well it makes me sigh with relief.

And so fellow citizens, our journey has just begun. Voting tomorrow (ahem, I mean today) is our first step toward victory. Let's start dreaming about all we can do here in America. So much is broken here and abroad, but working together we can take steps, all be they baby ones, towards healthier, righteous living...

Hooray!

No comments: