Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

a poem for the world alone

Listen, I shouldn't tell a lie;
i've been drinking.
and I've a sudden urge to remove all the space from my sentences.
butIshan't.

So let's talk...
on the phone, on FB on Skype;
whatever brings me close to you.

Yeah, we've not known each other a long while,
but isn't it fun to explore the unknown?
or at least seek to be known
a little bit

In a world that isn't "a little bit" of anything
but rather bigger than any of us should imagine
evenifitisasmallworldafterall.

Cuz sometimes it isn't.
so you have to write sentenceswithoutspaces;
intimacy is essential to life
in a world this big.

Thisbig.
don't lie about the world.
it will find you out,
and expose you as alone.

Andthenyouwillbe
like me.
not alone, but seeking to be known.

I'llhaveanotherdrinkplease.

No comments: