Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Trust Me

You may have noticed the new icon on the right of my blog. Trust 30. It's a challenge set forth by The Domino Project in honor of Ralph Waldo Emmerson's 208th birthday. Participants will write for 30 days to hopefully inspire ourselves to be honest visionaries, reflecting and creating direction for our own futures.

Additionally, each day, I'll receive in my mailbox and inspiration thought or essay by one of 30 authors chosen to speak to this challenge. And the fun part of that is, one of the featured authors is my friend, Sam Davidson whom I have written about and referenced numerous times on this blog.

Finally, The Domino Project is releasing a collectible edition of Self-Reliance that looks really sweet. But unfortunately, they only made 100 books and they're all gone. :( So you'll have to read my work instead, I guess...

It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So we're off. Thirty days of writing. Starting June 1st. Go.

No comments: