Pages

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I'm off to Atlanta for the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship's "Current Retreat." Apparently, this is a retreat for ministerially oriented people who are under 40. Obviously I've never been before, but this will be my second big baptisty conference to attend (yes, I know that's not a real word)since I came on staff at First Baptist. Not that they (we) require me to go, but my salary is partially funded through a grant by the Lily Foundation and CBF, so it's their call.

I'm nervous, I admit. I've never been big on conventions or denominations, but I hear I will learn a lot. And I am a nerd, so I'll probably enjoy all the classes and speakers.

Plus, as a young marriend woman in my Sunday School class told me, "Maybe you'll meet some hot young minister there!" Oh, the smug marrieds; they mean well. Another one chimed in, "But don't let him wheel you off to somewhere else, we want to keep you here!"

As if I would ever make a life-changing decision based on a man. I mean, I've never done that before, why start now?

Hmm.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun...looking forward to the weekend of the 18th.....
dad

lynnette said...

hey...sam is going to that retreat. sadly, i have to work.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't think you'd want to marry a minister -- when would he have time to clean house? Mom

Anonymous said...

now make sure he's a "pastor" and all ... not just any "minister" will do! :p

jenA said...

god almighty, the marrieds doth confound me. What a Baptisty thing to say.

sourmonkey said...

Hey, I updated my xanga. Everyone else's life it just more interesting, I never know what I could possibly write that other people would want to read.
-Bethany

myleswerntz said...

now i wish i'd gone. except i have three books to read this weekend.

Adam Phelan said...

So close yet so far... Thought about calling you to get together for a beverage, but unfortunately I have 20 page paper due this week. I'd love to talk Lily Grant with you. McAfee wants me to get into a similar program here in GA.