Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I had a great morning at work which consisted of meeting for breakfast and coffee with a guy who has questions about FBC and Mosaic. We talked and ate breakfast tacos for forty-five minutes and I felt really positive. It is a tangible way for me to verify that I am doing good on account of the church. The church really is about people.

However, the church is not about people making out in the First Baptist bell tower at 11:30 am. It was awkward driving into the parking lot and seeing that. When I got out of my car and began walking towards the church, they sort of pulled away from each other. Smooth move. Like I didn't see you when I was driving up Trinity. So I went inside and handed that issue over to Marshall, our business manager. They got no business making out in the bell tower. "Are they wearing clothes," he asked. "Yep," I said. "For now." So Marshall walked outside to remedy the situation as the the secretaries giggled and I sat down to do email

Just another typical Wednesday at a downtown church in the heart of Austin. When Marshall returned back inside, he merely said, "God said be fruitful and multiply but not in the daylight and not in the bell tower."

Enough said.

No comments: