Pages

Friday, March 09, 2007

Loud noises outside my house. Three men in city of austin shirt digging huge holes in my mansion neighbor's and my side yard. I take the recycling out to the curb.

"Ma'am, I'm gonna need you to not use your water. No flushing the toilet, no running water. I'll come knock on your door and tell ya."

I return inside and quickly brush my teeth and use the restroom.

. . .

Knock, knock, knock.

"Okay, ma'am, I'm un-hooking it so don't run any water for 30 minutes or so - maybe an hour, probably not that long. Don't flush your toilet, don't run water. Okay?"

. . .


Knock, knock, knock.

"Ma'am can you flush your toilet for me so I can see if I got this hooked up right?"

. . .

Knock, knock, knock.

"Ma'am can I fill up this bucket with some water? Do ya mind?"

. . .

I go outside to put letters in the mailbox.

"Ma'am, you makin' lunch?"

. . .

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"We're leaving now, you can take a shower or whatever. Bye-bye."

Smile.

Good-bye.

No comments: