Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I can't sleep. It's 12:11 am and I can't pull myself away from the computer to go to bed. I was tired two hours ago. 14 hours after I woke up. That's pretty normative for me. But now I'm on 16 hours of opened eyes, and now I can't sleep.

So I check myspace and get paranoid that my friends talk to my sister more than they talk to me. I'm such a narcissistic idiot.

And I check email but lack the energy to respond.

And I check for comments on my blogs and find that I haven't been that motivational lately and I sure as hell haven't been anectdotally funny. We're going on months since the last "my cat ate my fish" story. Of course, my cat died, so that might be the problem there.

Sorry. That was pessimisstic and a low blow. I didn't mean it that way. I'm just generally lethargic right now. I think cause I'm tired, but I can't sleep. There's so much to make me happy and so much to make me worry (I blame most of that on Bush, selfish consumerism and communal ambiguity); I try and balance work with play, but I don't always succeed.

What a lame blog. I'm deleting it now.

Except that means I have to get off the computer.

So the blog stays on. And so do I...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann,
"normative,anecdotally,communal ambiguity". WOW! cool words. Yes, I do read your blog, and yes sometimes it's easier to read and enjoy than to respond.
Love you,
Dad