Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2006



Day One: Since all my DC friends work during the day, most of my sightseeing adventures happen tout seul (mom - check my french). The first morning I headed to Union Station to catch a trolley that carries you all around the city with fun guides like Marcel and Jazzy Jan who offer fun facts and commentaries on the sites along the way. I only got off at one stop: the Washington National Cathedral. It was b-e-a-utiful. I loved it. One of my favorite things so far. Of course I walk in just as a funeral is ending and who do I practically bump into? The Reverend Jesse Jackson. What else is new. I just saw him a few months ago, so I yawned at the old news and headed to an episcopal service led by a priest who I swear was a Baptist in a former life. The church, gardens and museum were so lovely and peaceful. See pics above. And that's all I could manage to wait for to put up on the slow internet I'm using.
Day one also included dinner with a friend at the Notte Biache, a posh Italian place where for "Restaurant Week" we received a three course meal complete with three complementary wines for a third of the regular price. It was quite a treat.
Day One conclusion. DC is fabulous. I could get used to this vacation thing.

No comments: